Monday, August 9, 2010

56 Days and Counting!

Here is a quick little update on Reese! I went to the doctor this morning for our 2 week re-check and funny how everything I was told 2 weeks ago has now completely changed! I have been told since day 1 that I would have to have a c-section because lucky me has fibroids all inside my cervix - but today's ultrasound showed that the fibroids have finally decided to lift themselves out of my cervix and clear out space for Reese to come out. Who wishes they would have paid a little more attention in labor class now when they went over vaginal delivery - that would be me!! However, Reese has a different plan of his own because he is breeched - his little head is all the way at the top and his feet are stretched out down to my waist (what waist I have left that is)! If I was a normal patient this would be fine because my doctor would be able to turn him but because of the fibroids - she wouldn't know if she would be turning him or the fibroids. So he has 4 more weeks to turn on his own because generally by 36 weeks they are going to be in the same position they are for delivery! I am open to delivering him anyway I can - just whatever is best for him! Oh and here was the other thing I was told 2 weeks ago - my doctor said she would probably have to deliver him around 37 weeks because she was afraid of the fibroids degenerating - but now it looks like all is good and he is safe to stay in there as long as possible!

Aah - so all of this is definitely good news to us! My best guess is Reese will be joining us in 7 weeks but who knows - looks like he has had a plan of his own the whole time! Oh, and the little guy weighs 4lb 10oz now! Since my dad and John are fisherman they like to compare his weight to fish - so they both say he is a good size keeper now! I think so too!

Still waiting on our crib and chair before I take pictures of his nursery - I have to have it all complete before I show the finished product! Hopefully this week!!

3 comments:

  1. Glad for mommy that the fibroids seem to be allowing for Reese to stay put instead of an early arrival. However just as you said they have a mind of their own. Alex and Andrew had to be evicted from the womb at 42 weeks. Both my boys that they were in for an elephant justation of 2years (ha ha). Just get ready mommy and daddy for the best gift you will ever receive. Love Ang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THRILLED ABOUT REESE!! Sounds like he has a mind of his own (wonder where that came from)!! ha ha He is a good size now, so can you imagine him FULL TERM!!!! Sounds like all systems are GO!!!!!! Don't forget, Uncle WES is a good fisherman, too!! Reese has got it coming from all directions!!!! ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good News all around!! As the countdown continues with each day, each new movement, and each Dr. check up your anticipation of meeting your son will grow and grow making his birthday (whenever he chooses to come) all the more special!! Braylan cant wait to meet her new friend!!! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete