Monday, August 23, 2010

34 Weeks Today - 42 Days Left!!

We had the best weekend and today's doctors appointment topped it off! First thanks to everyone for making the shower so great - Reese is definitely set now. Whoever thought it was a great idea to have showers is definitely one smart person - we are so lucky to have everything we need now for Reese! I always make John laugh by saying "all he needs is love" but in actuality it's nice to know he also has all his essentials too! I am really going to try to be good and not buy him another piece of clothing - however I know that Christmas stuff will be coming out soon and everyone knows I have a weakness for Christmas! I've already been on the hunt for Christmas onesies - I have to remind myself that it is only August but seriously when do they put that stuff out! Let's get on with it!

I went to the doctor today and thinking this really wouldn't be a big appointment John didn't go with me. I knew she wouldn't even think about setting my c-section date until I was 36 weeks so there really wasn't any need for him to go. Well as you recall two weeks ago Reese was breeched and I really thought there was no chance he would move. But bless his little heart he is doing everything just right because he is head down and ready for delivery! He has his legs up and feet turned into my ribs - this baby is set and ready!! My doctor laughed at me because I literally about started crying - I have been so prepared for a c-section (other than really not wanting my stomach sliced open) but I had come to terms with this. Now I am completely freaked - obviously I realize I am not the first person to have a "normal" delivery but I liked having a plan and knowing when Reese would come and I loved knowing that we would go into the hospital and an hour later have a baby - all this up in the air stuff makes me crazy! We are in total shock that he really had room to move - but last week I was feeling all of those movements and what we thought was his elbow; turns out was his feet!
So I go back to the doctor in two weeks and from there on out it is every week - now I really have no idea when he is coming. Our best guess is the end of September/beginning of October - but we will see.
They are estimating his weight to be around 5lb 9oz right now - I think if this is the case we are going to have a 9 + pound baby but my doctor says he will be around 7.5 lb!

That's it for now but we do have the nursery done so I will be posting pictures soon - finally finally we are feeling prepared!

No comments:

Post a Comment