Thursday, January 26, 2012

Doctor Check Up




Reese had his 15 month check up last week which was a little past due since he is pretty close to being 16 months now!  His weight and length are still in the 25% range - the doctor told me that sometimes good things come in small packages!  I think that saying is definitely true but I also still think that Reese will hit a growth spurt sooner or later!  To me and his dada he is of course 100% perfect so we don't really even worry about what the percentiles say as long as he is healthy...which he is...very healthy!  He had two shots and the nurse told me he would probably cry because they would really hurt.  Reese just stared at her on the first shot and then cried a little for the second one.  The doctor asked me how he was doing sleeping in his crib and I said perfect...yes, I know this is probably parenting 101 and you shouldn't let your baby much less toddler sleep with you but it works for us so there you go!  Although, I still get tickled because I think it is so cute going to wake up a baby and them be standing in their crib waiting on you...maybe I will experience that with our next baby!  I will pray tonight about lying to the doctor too...sometimes white lies are okay, right?  Other than that he told me next on the list is to work on the paci but not for a few more months so all is good.  The doctor also started Reese on two different kinds of allergy medicines because Reese is constantly coughing, sneezing, and always has a runny nose....so we are trying two different medicines until he is 2 and then he will have all the allergy testing done.  So far the meds seem to be working because he isn't coughing near as much!

No comments:

Post a Comment